Wednesday 11 November 2015

INTRODUCING FAITH (#Encounter Series 3) Heb 11

I am crucified with Christ . I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life I Now live, I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:11 but that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, the just shall live by faith.
Christ living in me produces faith in me by my fellowship with the Holy Spirit, the faith produced in me is expressed outside, so I now live by the faith of the son of God. Everything I do now is by faith which is a sign that I have died. Because anything not done in faith will not represent the Jesus Christ that lives in me.

SO WHAT THEN IS FAITH? as the bible said the just shall live by faith,
Faith is trusting completely in God's ability whatever the case may be, challenges, sickness, lack e.t.c

So we can rephrase all our references to faith by trusting completely in God's ability through Christ Jesus.

If we insert this into Heb 11:1 Trusting completely in God's ability through Christ Jesus is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

In Gal 2:20, I am crucified with Christ. I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life I now live, I live by trusting completely in God's ability through Christ Jesus, the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
We can insert this into any verse where faith is, even e.g he 11:6 also, Without Trusting completely in God's ability through Christ Jesus it is impossible to please God, because anyone that must come to God must believe that he is, and he is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him.

To satisfy God's longing desire in us anything we do must be in faith, because anything not done in Faith is sin. The faith talked about in Hebrew 11 is a relationship, and describes how through fellowship we can be pleasing to God, It is not a demanding faith, the faith been discussed is believing in Christ. This faith encompasses every aspect of life and living. It is this relationship with Christ that produces the ability to do exploits.

Hebrews 11 through many stories shares how people's relationship with God was able to impact their nation, their generation or their life. The same faith that made some do great things is the same that made some face persecution and even give up their life. So what do we make of this except that faith is a life, a relationship that shows how this people are with God, because without the power of the holy spirit they wouldn't have taking the steps they took, even to be martyred for Christ required faith, trusting the power of God's redemption, and believing it is worth defending allowing the holy spirit manifest in us his life, for example facing Goliath knowing full well that victory is only possible through Faith, having that perfect assurance that God has got you covered, because of what he has done for you, and what you have witnessed in your journey with God





No comments:

Post a Comment